To provide information on deafness, hearing loss, tinnitus, products, campaigns and services that Action on Hearing Loss Scotland offer to a variety of service users including older deaf and hard of hearing people, carers, local community groups, schools and professionals.
• Deliver taster deaf awareness sessions, or on specific topics (e.g. Tinnitus during Tinnitus Awareness Week) if requested by client group.
• Set up information stands using display boards, leaflets, equipment and offer hearing checks (via laptop).
• Monitor the number of people at stands, talks, hearing checks or when information is given and report back to Communications and Information Officer
• Use enquiry forms if unable to supply information at event and follow up at a later date.
• Check whether venue is accessible (e.g. loop facility, quiet room, good lighting) and bring portable loop if needed.
• Seek out new contacts and book talks or stands in your local area.
• Promote the work of Action on Hearing Loss Scotland