page 1 of 18
Our Receptionists are the public face of our Citizens Advice Bureau, helping to make sure that everything runs smoothly in the reception area.
As our receptionist/admin volunteer your activities could include:
- greet our clients and other visitors
- answer the phone
- ensure clients know what is happening and how long they have to wait
- explain the services we offer
- give clients leaflets, lists and self-help materials
- record the number of client visits and how long they wait to be seen
- keep the reception area tidy
- enter information into our computer systems.
• Receive food donations from members of the public and thank them
• Ensure that incoming stock is checked, weighed, and recorded
• Sort food by date and type, removing any items that are damaged or out-of-
• Ensure that food is checked weekly and rotated as required
• Notify the Chair or other member of the steering committee when food stock is low so that appeals
can be made for these items
• Keep store area clean and tidy at all times
• Prepare stock orders for the foodbank centre and/or emergency food boxes, as appropriate
• Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the Chair
Oor Wee Cafe are seeking hard working, reliable team players to help run a comminty café. The role involves food preparation, cutting vegetables, cooking, setting up, service, cleaning (dishwashing and cleaning tabletops), and customer services.
The café runs on Tuesdays. The volunteering starts at 9am, the cafe opens to the public from 12-2pm, and cleanup after is from 2pm-3pm. The café is operated on a "pay what you can afford" basis, and also sets up both a donated food table (end-of-day foods) and a clothes bank which runs alongside the café.
We are looking for an Admin person who has good literacy skills, basic computer skills, filing skills, be good with members of the public and have a good telephone manner.
Part of the role includes being able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks, keep records up to date and have the ability to work independently.
As part of the Fife Furniture Project, volunteers will work with an experienced volunteer who will ensure that all the deliveries and collections are carried out daily to the requirements of the organisation; to ensure that goods are delivered to the warehouse and safely stored; carry out deliveries and collections with support from the driver's mate.
Oxfam inverness is keen tp begin core trading hours on a Sunday (4hours). We hope to recruit an enthusiastic and competent person to be in charge of opening and supervising the shop on that day. Full training will be given.
Oxfam has long been one of the leaders in the sourcing and selling of fair trade goods. It remains a constantly evolving aspect of Oxfam's fundraising in our Trading division. We need an enthusiastic person with a flair for detail to help organize the receipt and merchandising of new products at the Oxfam shop in Inverness. Full training will be given.
We are looking for all kinds of volunteers to join our team, full training in all areas is provided, and there are many different roles such as till operators, back shop assistants even online sales assistants. If you have certain areas of interest i.e.; books or music or even just want to get out the house and meet some new people and help us do some good please get in touch
As an independent food bank, Kirkcaldy Food Bank make up parcels of food for those in need. They are moving to bigger premises to facilitate the increased demand within Kirkcaldy.
This role involves making up the parcels for each person from the stock shelves.
Kirkcaldy Food Bank are an independent food bank who are looking for volunteers who can assist in their new centre in Viewforth.
They need help to stock the new distribution and collection centre on an ongoing basis, as well as with a significant stock-up at the start of the new centre. These are bigger premises, needed due to demand for the service but it also means that the service is expected to be very busy.
Volunteers for this role must be reasonably physically fit as you will be helping to offload deliveries as well as stock shelves following deliveries. You should be able to move several boxes, back and cartons over the course of your shift (typically 2 hours/week). The centre may be open for receiving deliveries from 7:30-11am.