page 2 of 335
Do you have an interest in Angus’ local history? Angus Archives are looking for volunteers to help list and scan old photos, manuscripts and legal papers to help make them available to the public. If you would like to know more contact Craig Pearson at Angus Archives, Restenneth Priory, Forfar on 01307 468644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strathmore Rugby Club are looking for a Membership Secretary to join their committee in order to sustain existing membership and to increase social and gym memberships. As a committee member you will play in active role in the continuation of the club and its growth within the community.
Events Volunteers will help promote club facilities as a venue for parties, meetings and hospitality events. Main role will include marketing the club facilities, identifying potential interested people, liaising with the community and create a calendar of social events for members.
Main roles include developing a culture of participation and collaborating with other sports clubs to create community events.
As with many of the roles participating in various fundraising activities to help ensure the future development and long-term security of the club would also be of benefit.
As Volunteer Coach, the main role is:
• to provide support to the coaches and players delivering parts of the session, teaching skills on a 1:1 or small group basis
• to support integration of new players
• assisting the coaches to prepare the pitch for the session and to clear the
pitch at the end of the session;
• encouraging the participation of the players by taking part in all activities
and showing players how to participate;
• leading parts of the session including warm-up, agility, skills and games
with direction from the coaches;
• supporting the integration of new players according to their needs;
• engaging with the families and encouraging them to feel part of the club;
• following all policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct for
Volunteers and supporting the players to understand the policies and
procedures as they apply to them;
• taking part in the break rota, helping to set up the break area and ensuring
that it is cleaned up afterwards;
• participating in various fundraising activities to help ensure the future
development and long-term security of the club.
If you are looking to gain experience within the catering field, Strathmore Rugby Club are looking for a Catering Volunteer. Specific tasks include preparation of food, serving visitors food and clearing away left overs as well as keeping kitchen clean and tidy.
A fantastic opportunity to become involved in a local community trust 'Strathmore Rugby Club' promoting, developing and maintaining our online presence in order to maximise our impact and to promote ourselves as widely as possible to the local community.
Working alongside a key member of staff within Strathmore Rugby Club helping to make sure both the club and grounds are maintained and fit for purpose at all times.
The Planters Group currently look after the barrels and window planters at the Old Parish Church and also hope to increase the number of hanging baskets this summer. A few more volunteers would certainly help. If you would like to join us, please let us know.
In the past few weeks FAMS have have widened their remit and taken many calls from vulnerable children, young people and adults living in fear, confusion, hopelessness and loneliness. Families with growing financial pressures, a family member with an addiction, experiencing emotional, physical or sexual abuse; all struggling to feel connected in sometimes complicated family relationships. Many of these callers have had suicidal thoughts and talk about feeling trapped and isolated.
FAMS believe that connection and information will be keys to survival for many. FAMS.CHAT service as an open/friendly/ softer individual approach to connecting and supporting with each other. Although primarily aimed at children and young adults, FAMS.Chat will benefit any person feeling vulnerable or lonely at any age.
To help ease the immense repercussions of COVID-19 on our communities’ mental health & wellbeing we are providing; Support, Befrienders, Counselling, Signposting or Simply a Listening Ear. FAMS.CHAT service will be available by telephone, text, email and video platforms; 7 Days Weekly from 10am-10pm. We are now looking for volunteers to help deliver our Listening Ear for FAMS.CHAT service. Volunteers will be expected to:
1. provide regular chats and connection with members of FAMS community
2. Provide non face-2-face service with a human touch
3. To support people in any distress caused by COVID19 not just with mental health and wellbeing issues
4. To help support clients also around fear, family relationships, extreme loneliness and lack of connection to people, places and things.
Volunteers will receive in-depth training and support from the Volunteer Coordinator.