Youth Work Volunteer Opportunity:
This is an exciting Youth Work Volunteer opportunity in Renfrewshire! Youth work training provided
You will work alongside our innovative and energetic Renfrewshire Who Cares? Scotland project team and will support a range of training, campaigning, youth work and new community development activities.
We are looking for volunteers, with a keen interest in young people and whom may already have practical experience within the Youth work setting (desirable but not essential) to join with us to enhance the experience of our young people.
We are looking to add value to our youth work sessions by utilising the skills, experience and personalities of volunteers who can both support and also lead on the delivery of youth club focussed sessions (day and night), day trips (weekend and summer) and summer camps in Renfrewshire.
Our youth sessions are developed by listening to our young people and can include sports, arts and crafts, excursions, challenge based work and issue based work at times.
You might have a love of playing your guitar, singing, knitting, drama, sport or anything? These are fantastic skills that can be shared with our young people.
You might not be available right now (or you might!) but we are keen to hear from you straight away as our plans for fun activities for 2017 are really exciting.
We are looking for volunteers to support our following clubs but we are keen to hear from keen volunteers from across Renfrewshire (even if you might not be able to help at the clubs below) as we want to create new youth sessions in lots more communities on a regular basis as well as during holiday’s!
Foxbar ‘Youth drop in session’ Monday @ Foxbar Community Centre. 5.00 -6.30pm (for S1-6)
Ferguslie ‘Care to Create’ Wednesday @ Tannahill Centre. Age: Primary 4.00 – 5.30pm (for primary)
We are seeking volunteers with some experience working with young people in a supporting capacity. This role would be particularly suited to an individual currently studying towards a youth work/community development/ social care qualification and looking to gain experience. However, experience is desirable and not essential.
VOLUNTEERS will be given training and support.
Main Volunteer duties:
1. To assist in the running of a youth participation programme of activities for care experienced young people in Renfrewshire.
2. To facilitate and participate in games, activities and discussions with young people and to assist with necessary programme set-up and clean-up at sessions.
3. To communicate with the development officer staff in the project team and other volunteers about daily programme activities. This will include creating and developing tools and session plans/activities that can be used with young people
4. To supervise young people and ensure general health & safety and rules of conduct - To build a rapport with young people and listen to their concerns
5. To undertake required record keeping procedures including reporting verbally to your main point of contact and completing any relevant programme forms
6. Be an ambassador for Who Cares? Scotland by upholding the Volunteer code of conduct, adhering to policies and procedures and promoting values at all times.