Citizens Rights Project is focused on providing information about the EU Settlement Scheme, which involves application process for the settled or pre-settled status for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, and their family members, living in the UK.
We are looking for community leaders, caseworkers or local organisers with experience in social work or similar (i.e. citizens rights, community development, cultural integration and diversity, migrant issues, vulnerable individuals and communities, etc.) who would like to volunteer with us.
Your role will be to provide information and advice about the EU Settlement Scheme, and assist eligible Eu/EEA/Swiss community members with the application process.
As our volunteer you will:
- learn about the EU Settlement Scheme
- receive free training and OISC Level 1 (limited to EUSS) accreditation
- acquire experience providing 1-2-1 advice under supervision of an experienced immigration adviser
- provide language and technological support in making applications to the EU Settlement Scheme
- work closely with vulnerable EU/EEA/Swiss community members with complex needs and assist them in the
process of securing their legal rights in the UK
- join the network of organisations who support European communities in the UK
We offer volunteer placements to willing and eligible candidates who can dedicate a few hours a week of their time.
The placements are open to anyone with right to reside in the UK, and is not limited to UK and other EU nationals. However, speakers of other European language as well as English are especially welcome to join the programme. We especially look for candidates from Scottish Borders, Ayrshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Western Islands, Orkney, Shetland and Highlands.
For more information visit www.citizensrightsproject.org
Find us on Facebook EURightsProject and Twitter CitzRights.
Last updated 9 days ago
We are a young democratically run organisation that needs to grow. At the moment we are a small group working at projects that reduce waste and we intend that Aberdeen and Shire become zero waste areas. That is, that everything we use becomes part of a circular economy and is not discarded needlessly to be tipped or burned.
Currently, our main projects are :-
*Go Green Café
*Trash to Treasure
*Planting Fruit Trees for Community Benefit
These worthy projects are undertaken alongside family and work commitments but we need to do more if we are to make inroads to the waste we generate each day. That presents exciting opportunities for volunteers.
Our next step then, is for more 'Trustees' to join with us to take on an officer of the board role, or to become an ordinary member and help steer the way forward to a successful reduction of waste to zero.
If you’re/for more information then please do get in touch with Brian Allan at email email@example.com or tel.: 07751275757.
Last updated 11 days ago
CodeYourFuture is a UK-registered charity which relies on volunteers to train refugees and others from disadvantaged socioeconomic backgrounds to become professional software developers. We currently operate internationally, sharing learning between our volunteers and supporting staff in cities such as Rome, Italy, and Medellin, Colombia, as well as Birmingham, Glasgow, London and Manchester in the UK.
We are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Volunteers from virtually any background to help us run and grow our organisation (to help with events, marketing, admin, etc.)
- Professionals from the tech industry to join our mentorship programme and give a student guidance and support
- Experienced web developers (HTML/CSS, , Node, React, Databases) to help teach our classes
Previous volunteers at Code Your Future have developed their skills, learnt valuable new ones, and made wonderful friends along the way. Roles can last a few weeks, a month, or longer - depending on how much time you can commit. Apply using the volunteer form linked below and we'll be in touch.
Please note, CYF volunteers must be over 18 years of age.
Register here to be informed about our next volunteering info drop-in: https://codeyourfuture.io/volunteers/
Or register via this service to receive an email from us.
Last updated 17 days ago
Four Pillars is a Grampian only based LGBT+ Charity that looks after the community in relation to their mental, emotional, physical and sexual health.
As a volunteer you will be at the heart of this unique service that looks to work with individuals on reducing risky sexual behaviour and STI/HIV transmissions whilst protecting the whole person.
There are many different roles within Four Pillars and what kind of role you play is entirely up to you and your skills.
For more information please contact Deejay Bullock at E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel.: 01224 211963.
Last updated 3 months ago
>Who we are:
The African Council is an independent voluntary organisation with a mission to promote the social and economic welfare of African People.
We celebrate the best in African culture(s), history and values. We promote the attainment of education and life skills especially among Africans. We also advance active citizenship among Africans through engagement in civic and political process, institutions and leadership.
>Some of our projects:
1. Employment/Enterprise coaching events
• The event seeks to provide coaching and empowerment for Africans through education, guidance and support, to increase Africans involvement in employment, enterprise and entrepreneurship opportunities.
2. Civic and Political structures coaching events
• The event seeks to provide coaching that encourages and provides guidance to Africans, to increase involvement and participation of Africans in civic and political life in Scotland,
3. Engagement events
• Our engagement events seek to understand the challenges and barriers that Africans face in participating in all areas of Scottish life and ways to mitigate these challenges.
Volunteers are vital for delivering the African Council's projects and services. We are looking for volunteers to join our team and we currently have volunteering opportunities available in the following areas:
1. Website Support
2. Corporate Communications
3. Social Media Management
5. Digital marketing and advertising
6. Event planning, support and management
9. Help desk
>Benefits of volunteering with the African Council include:
1. Opportunities to learn new skills
2. Employability training
3. Meet new people
4. Networking opportunities
5. Flexible working times
6. Develop your skills and talent and turn it to something employers will be excited about
7. Boost your CV with relevant work experience\n8. Fun hangouts, as well as,
9. Satisfaction of being a part of team that will make a significant difference in Scotland
Fantastic opportunities to help at a very exciting time in the development of the African Council. All help is greatly appreciated.
For more information please contact Ca-ananay Maduka, Volunteer Coordinator at E Mail: email@example.com or Tel.: 01224 579218.
Last updated 4 months ago
volunteering opportunities abroad
Last updated 4 months ago
Financial support for groups and individuals in the local community utilising all money raised at fundraising events. Part of the worldwide Lions Clubs International which is the world’s largest service organisation.
To join like-minded people in serving the community, helping and supporting individuals of all ages and local groups in need of either financial or in kind assistance. Our motto is “We Serve”.
Tasks involve meeting with other members and discussing new ideas of how to fundraise and also reaching out to local community groups that might be in need of the funds. (Members meet on a Monday evening once a month at the Abbotsford Hotel, Ayr.)
There is also a big social aspect to being a member of the Lions Club.
Last updated 4 months ago
SHAX is a young local charity dedicated to providing support for people affected by homelessness and/or poverty through recycling and reusing household goods. We provide emergency starter packs for people in crisis moving into new tenancies. Our starter pack volunteer role includes preparing goods for our clients, including crockery, cutlery, towels, bedding, hygiene and cleaning items etc. This role is varied e.g. wrapping up plates, to ironing bedding to collecting and packing kitchen goods to help someone turn a house into a home.
Last updated 6 months ago