What you would be doing:
• Have personal experience of chronic pain
• Representing Pain Concern
• Build a network with local GP surgeries, NHS health board.
• Attend Pain Management groups (virtually or in person).
• Signpost to helpline, Pain Concern information leaflets, Airing Pain etc
• Carry out research into community groups, local events and businesses in your area, so that you can contact them to attend fayres, exhibitions etc
• Attend cheque presentations and local events officially thanking donors and hosts for their support
• Adhere to Pain Concern’s policies and procedures at all times
• Attend training and volunteer meetings
• Keep your Volunteer Manager up to date on your activities, including the contacts you’ve made and talks that you’ve arranged.
What you would be doing?:
• Help develop social media campaigns and day-to-day activities;
• Manage presence in social networking including Facebook & Twitter;
• Prepare graphics for sharing across channels
• Monitor the impact of social media campaigns; Analyse, review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize the charity’s reach.
• Scheduling and posting social media content
• Capture and report on monthly data from across all social media platforms