We are looking for friendly, non judgemental and sociable individuals to help organise and run activities for the people that we support in our services. Ideally you are enthusiastic, patient, have a sense of humour, good communication skills and experience of life. We are looking for people who can teach or pass on skills and tailor activities to small groups or individual interests. We are always looking for suggestions and activities that are fun and will add enjoyment to a supported person’s life.
• Help organise and run fun and engaging activities for the people that we support in our services
• Supporting group sessions
• Participate in group activities and help the people we work with to identify personal interests, strengths, skills, and their own potential.
• Leading on activities
• Contribute ideas and attend planning meetings
• Demonstrating life skills to people receiving ongoing support or whose support could be heading towards a close e.g., encouraging them to cook a meal or bake, leading by example.
• Accompany small group outings where appropriate.
• Encouraging our supported people’s sense of belonging and connection
• Building our supported people’s confidence and self esteem