Mary’s Meals is an international charity that provides a daily nutritious meal in school to more than 1.2million hungry and impoverished children in 14 countries.
Our vision is that every child receives one daily meal in their place of education and that all those who have more than they need, share with those who lack even the most basic things.
Working together with those who share our vision, we believe there is no good reason why this cannot be realised.
We are looking for people who are passionate about ending child hunger and ensuring that every child receives a daily meal in a place of education.
We have a range of activities that can be done from the comfort of your home, while Covid-19 restrictions are in place. They include: hosting virtual talks, spreading the word about our work on social media or holding screenings of our inspiring videos with family and friends.
As a Community Volunteer you will pro-actively raise awareness of the work of Mary’s Meals in the local Moray area, ideally working within a group of Mary’s Meals volunteers. You will help to grow our movement by motivating and inspiring others to support our work to help us feed some of the world’s poorest children. As a valued member of our Mary’s Meals family, you will play an active role in the promotion of our nationwide fundraising campaigns. Community volunteers an:
• Help share the story - give Mary’s Meals talks to local community organisations, schools, churches and faith groups to raise vital awareness and funds.
• Organise fundraising events such as a local coffee morning
• Help to organise and promote our back-pack collections.
• Distribute and display promotional materials.
• Place collection tins in local community areas
• Host community engagement events such as screening films about Mary’s
Our Youth Ambassador role is an exciting new opportunity for people aged between 14-21 who are keen to support the work of Mary’s Meals to help feed hungry children in some of the world’s poorest countries. As a Youth Ambassador, you’ll be a representative for Mary’s Meals, helping to grow our movement by sharing the story of Mary’s Meals in your school, college, university or community and by motivating and inspiring others to support our work to allow us to continue to reach the next hungry child. You’ll join a network of dedicated volunteers across the globe – from people in the UK who raise awareness, to those in the countries we serve who rise early to cook nutritious meals for their children.
As a Youth Ambassador you can support our work in a range of ways, including:
· Delivering talks in your school or community to share the story of Mary’s Meals
· Supporting with the organisation of fundraising and awareness events
· Raising awareness of current Mary’s Meals campaigns
· Contributing stories for Mary’s Meals to share in media/social media and contribute to a monthly blog
· Helping to promote volunteer opportunities in your area
· Sharing social media posts to help us reach a wider audience
· Showing screenings of Mary’s Meals films to help to share our story
· Helping us to develop Mary’s Meals Youth Days to connect UK Youth Ambassadors
· Helping us to develop a youth committee to contribute a ‘youth voice’ to Mary’s Meals’ future plans
· Supporting us with ad hoc administrative tasks You can speak to your Mary’s Meals contact to discuss which elements of the role would be best suited to you in your community. In future, you could potentially support with mentoring other Youth Ambassadors.