We know how crucial it is for all young people to have at least one long term relationship with a positive adult role-model. The disruption children face leading up to, on coming into or leaving the care system can make this difficult to achieve within a family setting.
intandem has been set up to help young people face these challenges. The service will match mentees with trained volunteer mentors to build a positive, trusting, supportive and secure relationship.
Are you friendly, outgoing, reliable and enjoy working with children and young people? Do you have 3-4 hours each week to spare? Would you like to be part of this exciting new initiative that will make a lasting positive change in young people’s lives? Then this exciting new Volunteer Mentor opportunity is for you! Volunteer Mentors main tasks will be to build a positive, trusting, supportive and secure relationship with children & young people aged 8 – 14 who are looked after at home.
Purpose of the role
The Volunteer Mentor will work with young people who are looked after at home, building a trusting relationship, improving their chances in life and promoting the wellbeing of every child.
• working in a person centred way with young people
• providing opportunities for young people to participate in meaningful activities
• promote the wellbeing of every child through creative and fun approaches
• communicating and linking with the intandem mentor coordinator on a regular basis.
• working as part of a team as well as on your own.