Forth Valley Sensory Centre- Stirling
Charity registered in Scotland
Forth Valley Sensory Centre, in Camelon, is a place where people with visual or hearing loss and the wider community can access quality services and advice from our partner organisations. Travel directions.
Forth Valley Sensory Centre is a place where people with a visual or hearing loss can access services and advice in an inclusive and accessible way. We need someone to help edit, update and maintain our website.
• Use Wordpress to manage content on our website
• Adapt custom style sheets by analysing text script
• Help keep the website looking fresh
Collecting blind and partially sighted Centre users from their homes and assisting them to get into the Centre in the Centre minibus. This may involve guiding people with a visual impairment but full training will be given for this. Centre users are coming into access one of the groups that take place so you can stay for the group or come back after a couple of hours for the return journey. The groups are involved in many activities including knitting, art, history, reading, dining and personal safety. Occasionally groups go out for afternoon tea or to visit local visitor attractions.
Forth Valley Sensory Centre is a place where people with a visual or hearing loss can access services and advice in an inclusive and accessible way. We need someone to work with our fundraising group to help raise funding for special outings or events or to set up new groups.
• Support the group to organise events such as prize bingo, race nights, discos etc
• Meet regularly with the fundraising group to decide on fundraising events and activities
• Help publicise events to the local community
• Help to set up and run events