>Who we are:
The African Council is an independent voluntary organisation with a mission to promote the social and economic welfare of African People.
We celebrate the best in African culture(s), history and values. We promote the attainment of education and life skills especially among Africans. We also advance active citizenship among Africans through engagement in civic and political process, institutions and leadership.
>Some of our projects:
1. Employment/Enterprise coaching events
• The event seeks to provide coaching and empowerment for Africans through education, guidance and support, to increase Africans involvement in employment, enterprise and entrepreneurship opportunities.
2. Civic and Political structures coaching events
• The event seeks to provide coaching that encourages and provides guidance to Africans, to increase involvement and participation of Africans in civic and political life in Scotland,
3. Engagement events
• Our engagement events seek to understand the challenges and barriers that Africans face in participating in all areas of Scottish life and ways to mitigate these challenges.
Volunteers are vital for delivering the African Council's projects and services. We are looking for volunteers to join our team and we currently have volunteering opportunities available in the following areas:
1. Website Support
2. Corporate Communications
3. Social Media Management
5. Digital marketing and advertising
6. Event planning, support and management
9. Help desk
>Benefits of volunteering with the African Council include:
1. Opportunities to learn new skills
2. Employability training
3. Meet new people
4. Networking opportunities
5. Flexible working times
6. Develop your skills and talent and turn it to something employers will be excited about
7. Boost your CV with relevant work experience\n8. Fun hangouts, as well as,
9. Satisfaction of being a part of team that will make a significant difference in Scotland
Fantastic opportunities to help at a very exciting time in the development of the African Council. All help is greatly appreciated.
For more information please contact Ca-ananay Maduka, Volunteer Coordinator at E Mail: email@example.com or Tel.: 01224 579218.