Cairns Counselling has been dedicated to providing counselling to the people of Aberdeen city and the surrounding area since 1994. As a well-established service, we are trusted by many professionals and have a long history of enabling change. Established to provide emotional support to adults in need, our service has grown from humble beginnings to the present day where we are open six days a week including two evenings. We are proud to have been given the Queens Award for Voluntary service in 2016. As a well-established service, we are trusted by many professionals and have a long history of enabling personal change.
We are looking for office-based volunteers who can help us carry out general administrative duties and liaise and communicate with our staff, volunteer counsellors and clients.
Main Duties include:
• Answer telephone calls, check voicemails and take appropriate action;
• Assist in managing the waiting list; contact referrals, either by phone or email, to arrange initial meetings.
• General office duties including admitting clients to the building; ensuring cleaning protocols are adhered to;
• Ability to handle information in a confidential, sensitive manner with due care, respect and discretion;
• Ability to follow instructions and guidance, but also to work independently when appropriate.
• Assist with the preparation of leaflets and other publicity materials;
• Observe the Volunteers' Code of Conduct;
• Help book and organise ad hoc events;
• Support social media updates for Cairns Counselling.
Excellent support and relevant training is provided. Including:
• Induction and support from a supervisor;
• Supervision will be proportionate to the volunteers' time commitment, a minimum of monthly for the first three months;
• All formal review session will be held annually with the supervisor.
Through volunteering with Cairns Counselling you will also:
• Have the opportunity to acquire new skills, refine old ones and increase your confidence;
• The chance to meet new people and enjoy new experiences;
• A useful addition to your CV;
• The opportunity to help Cairns Counselling make a difference in the community;
If you are interested in this role, please email Nichola Duncan, Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org