Aberdeenshire North Foodbank
Charity registered in Scotland
To mitigate the effects of poverty by the provision of food parcels to clients referred by a range of agencies
Once the full Covid related restrictions have been fully lifted and once our Fraserburgh store is fully operational. Roles Driver –delivering food boxes locally. Will need to have either someone from their household to accompany them or we will arrange two cars to prevent lone working. Need to able to lift and carry boxes of food. This will be in Fraserburgh and surrounding area initially then when the centre opens will just be to rural areas.
Fraserburgh is a new foodbank Centre and not yet open to the public. It has been used as a food distribution centre during C-19. We plan to open in August with the plan to prepack food parcels and issue these to recipients who attend to the foodbank and also to deliver these to rural areas. We are likely to open on a Mon, Wed, Fri for a couple of hours each session and can have a mx. Of three volunteers in at one time. It wold be ideal to have different ‘teams’ on for each session so would need a mix of people who are happy to do the chat and advice and those that are happy to pack through the back.
Minimum commitment would be 1 session per two weeks initially for those in the centre.
Delivering food boxes locally. Will need to have either someone from their household to accompany them or we will arrange two cars to prevent lone working. Need to able to lift and carry boxes of food. This will be in Peterhead and surrounding area initially then when the centre opens will just be to rural areas.
This role involves working as part of the food bank team in greeting and speaking with recipients of our parcels as well as managing their food donations. Food donations are sorted, weighed and packed ready for distribution. We have a ‘front of house’ which involves speaking with recipients and offering refreshments, offering signposting advice etc. and a ‘back of house’ which involves stock management and preparation.
• Receive food donations from members of the public and thank them
• Ensure that incoming stock is checked, weighed, and recorded
• Sort food by date and type, removing any items that are damaged or out-of-date and weighing these out separately
• Keep Foodbank area clean and tidy at all times, and notifying the Coordinator if there are any concerns
• Prepare stock orders for the foodbank centre and/or emergency food boxes, as appropriate
• Assist in undertaking an annual stock take as detailed in the foodbank operating manual
• Report any health & safety or safeguarding concerns to the Foodbank Coordinator
Roles within the Food bank may include; help recruit volunteers, co-ordination of the volunteer team, monitor stock levels at the centre, plus other more general Food bank duties. Ideal for both someone looking for a challenge or to someone looking for a regular volunteering role.