To give talks and presentations about the work of Guide Dogs within a designated area, in line with the guidelines received at speaker training courses.
What does the role involve?
• Giving talks when requested to local organisations and groups within a 15 mile radius of your home
• Keeping up to date with Guide Dogs news and key messages
• Talks should be natural and enthusiastic, tailored to the audience and following guidelines on current key messages
• Passing any donations given for talks to the Mobility Team as per guidelines
• Attending cheque presentations when requested by the local Mobility Team
• Informing your Mobility Team Support Worker of any requests to do talks using the speaker cards supplied
• Encouraging local organisations and groups to volunteer or fundraise on behalf of Guide Dogs
What will I get out of it?
• Meet a variety of local groups and people
• Enjoy giving information about Guide Dogs’ aims which enable blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else