Assist the local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of activities to raise money for Guide Dogs.
* Street collections on ‘flag’ days
* Help on stalls at local events
* Take Collection Boxes to local businesses
* Attending local events organised by Branches or Community Fundraiser and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
* Count donations
* Fundraisers are usually members of the local fundraising group
To give talks and presentations about the work of Guide Dogs within a designated area, in line with the guidelines received at speaker training courses.
What does the role involve?
• Giving talks when requested to local organisations and groups within a 15 mile radius of your home
• Keeping up to date with Guide Dogs news and key messages
• Talks should be natural and enthusiastic, tailored to the audience and following guidelines on current key messages
• Passing any donations given for talks to the Mobility Team as per guidelines
• Attending cheque presentations when requested by the local Mobility Team
• Informing your Mobility Team Support Worker of any requests to do talks using the speaker cards supplied
• Encouraging local organisations and groups to volunteer or fundraise on behalf of Guide Dogs
What will I get out of it?
• Meet a variety of local groups and people
• Enjoy giving information about Guide Dogs’ aims which enable blind and partially-sighted people to enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else