Every day of your life matters – from the first to the last. We’re a passionate, committed and diverse team of more than 4,000 staff and 10,000 volunteers, here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. We offer expert care, guidance and support, to help them get the most from the time they have left.
Marie Curie has numerous Retail shops across the UK which support fundraising for the work they do to provide care and support for people living with terminal illness and their families.
We are looking for active and helpful volunteers who can help us to process incoming stock and donations and get it ready to be distributed out to shops to support their need for a steady supply of good quality stock.
We need volunteers who are reliable, committed and happy to participate as part of a team. You will need to engage with the public face to face and via the telephone. You will also help to meet deadlines so that stock is dispatched on time.
Our charity shops rely on the generous donations made by the public to raise crucial funds for Marie Curie. From clothes, homeware, books, to CDs and DVDs, we sell a wide variety of products.
We are looking for volunteers to help collect donated goods from local homes, companies and other organizations.
Without the help of our dedicated volunteers we could not provide our customers with high quality items at affordable prices, all with the aim of raising funds so our nurses can continue to provide care to terminally ill people and support for their families.
Your role as a Stock Generation Volunteer is to support the Manager to ensure the shop has sufficient donated goods to achieve maximum sales.
Your role will include some of, but is not restricted to, the following tasks:
• Arrange to collect goods from different donors and/ or arrange delivery of donations - as requested by the Shop Manager
• Drive to addresses, or make arrangements for the Area driver, to collect the goods and return them to the shop.
• Ensure all donors of goods are told about Gift Aid.
• Support with the sorting process of goods where applicable.
• Assist the Shop Manager, Community Fundraiser and local Fundraising Group to identify local companies and organisations with staff/members willing to give donations.
• Help set up and maintain a system to record collection requests, pick-ups and/ or deliveries
Help with other shop activities when required