A Macmillan Cancer Information and support service was established within Renfrewshire Libraries, a first of its kind in 2005. This is a unique opportunity, for volunteers to support individuals, friends, family or carers who are affected by cancer. Support could be a listening ear, giving leaflets or sign posting to support groups and other relevant organisations.
As we are growing, demand for the service is rising; we are looking for new volunteers who can commit three hours of their time per week/fortnight. In return, we shall provide full training and all travel expenses shall be reimbursed.
The role includes:
• Providing emotional support
• Providing a friendly, listening ear to people
• Providing cancer information – leaflets, etc
• Collecting information – service user evaluation forms
• Attending six weekly volunteer engagement meetings to keep informed about developments in services.
• Attending any relevant training
• Sign-posting to relevant organisations
Renfrewshire Leisure is looking for volunteers to help out with their sports and activity camps, schools and community sports clubs which run at various times though-out the year. This volunteering opportunity will provide you with experience of working in this field and you will have the opportunity of receiving rewards such as a free gym pass and/ or sports coach education.
Organisation aims and objectives
Leisure Trust Sports & Leisure activities
CSH Young Leaders will do the following:
• Promote sport and physical activity
• Coach, lead, officiate and volunteer in sport
• Represent the views of young people
• Organise and lead on new projects
Working with over 60 sports clubs, physical activity groups and non-sport organisations the individual will be deployed across school and community environments. Tasks are identified based on local need and demand and will vary.