Renfrewshire Leisure Limited
Charity registered in Scotland
Leisure Trust Sports & leisure activities
I am currently looking for volunteers with a love for the outdoors who would be willing to give up a couple of hours of their time each week to be part of a team of volunteers leading health walks around the Renfrewshire area.
A health walk lasts up to an hour and is pretty flat and walked at an easy pace, the walks are inclusive to all abilities and take place in local community areas with Renfrewshire.
Renfrewshire Leisure and Macmillan Cancer Support are working in partnership on the Move More Renfrewshire physical activity project, supporting people affected by cancer to become more active. We want to make sure that everyone affected by cancer has access to appropriate physical activity opportunities and we need your help to achieve this. As part of the project, circuits-based exercise groups will be delivered in Renfrewshire for people affected by cancer. We are looking for volunteers to support our trained exercise instructors in delivering the circuit classes by encouraging and supporting participants.
What will be involved?
• To assist exercise professionals in delivering the circuits classes – supporting and encouraging participants.
• To attend training and support sessions.
• Complete basic paperwork for each class.
• Participate in the evaluation of the Move More Renfrewshire circuit groups.
Benefits to you
* Full training for the role of Move More Motivator.
* Regular support from the Move More Renfrewshire team.
* Additional support from Macmillan.
* Develop knowledge and experience of benefits of exercise for people affected by cancer.
* The chance to meet and make new friends.
* Make a real difference to the lives of people affected by cancer in your local community.
* Regular social activities with other volunteers on the Move More programme.
* Excellent experience to enhance your CV.
* Be part of an innovative project, the first of its kind in Renfrewshire!
A Macmillan Cancer Information and support service was established within Renfrewshire Libraries, a first of its kind in 2005. This is a unique opportunity, for volunteers to support individuals, friends, family or carers who are affected by cancer. Support could be a listening ear, giving leaflets or sign posting to support groups and other relevant organisations.
As we are growing, demand for the service is rising; we are looking for new volunteers who can commit three hours of their time per week/fortnight. In return, we shall provide full training and all travel expenses shall be reimbursed.
The role includes:
• Providing emotional support
• Providing a friendly, listening ear to people
• Providing cancer information – leaflets, etc
• Collecting information – service user evaluation forms
• Attending six weekly volunteer engagement meetings to keep informed about developments in services.
• Attending any relevant training
• Sign-posting to relevant organisations
We are looking for volunteers to lead our Gentle Movement classes for people affected by cancer. We want to make sure that everyone affected by cancer has access to appropriate physical activity opportunities and we need your help to achieve this.
Macmillan Cancer Support are working with Renfrewshire Leisure to develop Move More Gentle Movement classes throughout the Renfrewshire area to support people affected by cancer in taking the first steps to becoming more active. Gentle Movement is a variety of Tai Chi/Qi Gong movements and meditation that can be tailored to all abilities.
What you can gain from this opportunity
• Full training
• Regular support
• Develop skills
• Meet new people
• Help others