SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity is a trusted source of support for serving personnel, veterans and their families in their time of need. As part of this we have great volunteer opportunities for people to help. This includes assisting as a Volunteer Branch Publicity Coordinator for SSAFA Grampian:
*Role – Volunteer Branch Publicity Coordinator for SSAFA Grampian
Could you raise SSAFA’s profile in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire and Moray? You don’t need a military background, just the ability to get on with all kinds of people, some basic I.T skills and good written and spoken English. If so, this role could be for you!
*What is a Publicity Coordinator?
As Publicity Coordinator you would work with SSAFA Grampian to develop a Publicity Plan. You would be central to delivering this local plan to raise awareness of SSAFA to potential clients, volunteers and funders.
*Why do we need you in SSAFA Grampian?
We’ve been supporting the Armed Forces community for more than 130 years. We’d love the general public to understand what we do and how they can help us. We need to recruit volunteers that reflect our local communities and raise money to fund our work. We need you to help us get the SSAFA message out!
*When would you be needed and where would you be based?
This role would suit someone looking to give a regular time commitment to SSAFA, although when and where would be flexible to suit you.
*What would you be doing?
• Working with the Branch Chair to develop a Publicity Plan to keep SSAFA Grampian’s profile high in the local area
• Publicising SSAFA events and those where SSAFA will be represented
• Work with Marketing/PR staff at central office to develop case studies of clients and volunteers
• Developing and maintaining networks with local press, TV and radio outlets through providing press releases, interviews, case studies etc
• Working with the Digital Team at Central Office and Grampian’s Digital Marketing Manager to develop and maintain a local on-line presence for the branch via a website and social media channels
*What can you gain from this volunteering role?
• Use your skills, knowledge and life experience to benefit others
• Support from your local SSAFA branch and the wider SSAFA community
• Experience, training and skills that you can highlight on your CV and in job interviews
• Better physical and mental health – studies show that volunteers live longer and experience lower levels of stress and depression!
A great opportunity to help. All help makes a real difference and is greatly appreciated.
If you wish to volunteer/for further details please contact Julie Silva (Branch Secretary, Grampian) at email: Julie.Silva@grampian.ssafa.org.uk or telephone: 07879846200.