Who Cares Scotland
Charity registered in Scotland
Who Cares? Scotland is a national voluntary organisation, working with care experienced young people and care leavers across Scotland. We support care experienced people to have their voice heard and influence to make positive change within the care system.
We are looking for volunteer Mini Bus drivers who can spare a few hours per month who can transport a young person/small group of young people between home and local and one off national groups and events using our mini bus.
You will work alongside our innovative and energetic Renfrewshire Who Cares? Scotland project team and will lead and support on educating and raising awareness of care experience to Primary and Secondary School pupils and teachers through assemblies, PSE sessions and monthly drop-ins.
Education Ambassadors will help to raise awareness of care experience, work towards ending stigma and injustice that care experience people can face and be part of influencing transformational change. Would you like to share your skills and experience to help ensure young people understand the lives of care experienced young people and the challenges they can face.
What will I be doing?
• Learning about rights, legislation and policy which relates to issues faced by care experienced people
• Learning about creative methods of sharing personal experiences.
• Observing others sharing personal experiences
• Learning and supporting ways to educate Primary and Secondary school pupils on care experience to influence change
• Contributing to influencing opportunities such through leading assemblies, PSE sessions and monthly drop-ins.
• Being a positive role model
What skills can I bring to this role?
• A knowledge and understanding of issues affecting care experienced people
• Ability to work well in a team
• Ability to work in a school setting
• Good communication and listening skills
• Ability to encourage and motivate others to participate in activities
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
Would you like to help children and young people engage in activities to build their skills and confidence and engage in their local community? The participation support volunteer role will assist in providing and supporting activities for young people.
This role will involve interacting with young people aged 10 - 18 years via a variety of activities eg arts/crafts/DJ workshops/general youth work at our weekly sessions as well as at our National events that happen throughout the year.
Would you like to help children and young people engage in sporting activities to build their skills and confidence and engage in their local community? The Care2B Active sport youth group volunteer role will assist in providing and supporting sporting activities for young people while changing their lives through sport and physical activity.
This role will involve interacting with young people aged 10 - 18 years through a range of physical activity and sports groups within Johnstone, Foxbar and Ferguslie Park.
What will I be doing?
Supporting staff to undertake new sporting activities
Helping children to have fun
Building young children’s confidence and self esteem
Being a positive role model