Children's Hearings Scotland
A key volunteer leadership role within Scotland's unique Children's Hearings system.
The Depute Area Convenor will support and manage the team of specialist volunteers making decisions to continually improve the outcomes and experiences for vulnerable children & young people in East Renfrewshire.
The Deputy Area Convener role is critical in providing leadership & direction to the local Area Support team supporting panel members:
- assisting the Area Convener in managing & representing the East Renfrewshire Area Support Team
- engaging & building relationships within the local panel community
- communicating and sharing information
- overseeing & managing complaints
- co-ordinating panel members recruitment, induction, attendance at Hearings, training and support
- monitoring performance and targets of East Renfewshire AST
- continually seeking to develop & refresh opportunities to ensure the best decisions are being made for the vulnerable children & young people of East Renfewshire
Supporting the local Area Convener, you’ll be managing a team of volunteers to recruit, select, quality assure and manage concerns or complaints in your area.
You’ll be working with local partners, communicating with Panel Members and leading on and implementing national improvements at the local level.
You will also make sure that the views of young people are heard and acted upon within your area.
PPAs observe panel members in children's hearings and give constructive feedback on their practice. They contribute to the planning of learning & development for panel members. They are involved in the annual recruitment and reappointment of panel members. They also investigate any complaints about panel members and attend various meetings.
For more information: https://www.chscotland.gov.uk/volunteering-with-us/area-support-teams/vacancies/