A key volunteer leadership role within Scotland's unique Children's Hearings system.
The Depute Area Convenor will support and manage the team of specialist volunteers making decisions to continually improve the outcomes and experiences for vulnerable children & young people in East Renfrewshire.
The Deputy Area Convener role is critical in providing leadership & direction to the local Area Support team supporting panel members:
- assisting the Area Convener in managing & representing the East Renfrewshire Area Support Team
- engaging & building relationships within the local panel community
- communicating and sharing information
- overseeing & managing complaints
- co-ordinating panel members recruitment, induction, attendance at Hearings, training and support
- monitoring performance and targets of East Renfewshire AST
- continually seeking to develop & refresh opportunities to ensure the best decisions are being made for the vulnerable children & young people of East Renfewshire