Garioch Community Kitchen
Charity registered in Scotland
Garioch Community Kitchen exists to enhance the health and well-being of all sectors of the community in Central Aberdeenshire. We aim to provide a range of services including informative food workshops in a safe and supported environment, delivering practical and nutritional information and teaching transferable food skills. To work in partnership with other agencies and groups to promote healthy cooking and eating choices.
Volunteer social media operator required to update relevant channels of our news and forthcoming events. (No experience required and training will be provided).
You will help ensure the Garioch Community Kitchen is heard and seen, far and wide!
1) Update our Facebook page with class timetables, recipes, documents etc
2) Initiate a Twitter account for the Garioch Community Kitchen & keep it updated
3) Discover inventive ways of engaging our audience
Volunteer role could be carried out at home.
Can you encourage children of primary school age upwards to learn as much as
possible and be confident in the kitchen whilst promoting healthy eating. Volunteer required to support the class facilitator (No experience required and training will be provided).
1) Assist the class facilitator with preparations prior to class starting.
2) Monitor, assist and support the children with their cooking, as required.
3) Help the children to pack their cooked goods to take home.
4) Assist the children in tidying up and helping the class facilitator to clean and
pack everything away.
5) As this involves regulated work a PVG Disclosure is required
In this volunteer role you'll have the opportunity to develop the following skills:
- Cooking skills
Volunteers required to assist with the running of our fortnightly Café at the Kitchen. (No experience required, and training will be provided). To encourage the local community to come together in a fun and engaging way.
Scope of role:
1) To set out the tables and chairs
2) Make tea & coffee for the urns
3) Lay out cups and plates etc
4) Engage with café attendees
5) Assist with preparing the food
6) Help to tidy away and clean as required.
7) As this involves regulated work a PVG Disclosure is required
- Health & Wellbeing
- Kitchen skills
This work is regulated and therefore a PVG is required
Garioch Community Kitchen exist to enhance the health and well-being of all sectors of the community in Central Aberdeenshire. We provide a range of services including informative food workshops in a safe and supported environment, delivering practical and nutritional information and teaching transferable food skills in the Wyness Hall and on an outreach basis. We work in partnership with other agencies and groups to promote healthy cooking and eating choices.
We are looking for motivated, local individuals who can contribute their knowledge and skill base to the Charity. It is essential our Committee is made up of people with varying skill sets and therefore we welcome applications from individuals from the private, public and/or third sector.
Committee meetings are held quarterly, and Committee members are expected to attend with email communication outwith these meetings. Trustees are responsible for the governance of the Charity and to support the Business Development Manager.