LinkLiving's award-winning Fife Older Persons' service recruits, supports and trains people as volunteer befrienders. By enabling over 65's to be connected, rather than cut-off, the volunteer befrienders can improve quality of life for those who feel isolated, lonely and anxious during these difficult times.
Due to current COVID restrictions, this befriending role will be carried out over the telephone to start with in line with government guidance. Once restrictions start to lift it may be possible to carry out face-to-face befriending.
- To call their befriendee at least once per week for a mutually agreed length of time
- Maintain confidentiality regarding client information.
- Participate in mandatory induction training and any other relevant training
- Attend planned regular reviews with LinkLiving staff.
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Sensitivity and ability to treat others with respect