As a volunteer advisor you will undertake full training and be supported gradually to become an adviser. This will involve interviewing clients and using the CAB information system give clients up to date and accurate information. You will explore options with clients and talk about the different ways their problems might be tackled, or offer practical help such as filling in a form, writing a letter, doing a benefit calculation, or making a phone call. The CAB has people from all walks of life and provides a vital service to the islands, this is a great opportunity to be part of something special. We have a small but committed and friendly staff team and are always looking for people who would like to get involved. If you have an interest but also some questions, the best thing you can do is have them answered. Come in and see the training officer or manager on Westview Terrace and discuss if this is the right opportunity for you. It really is a great opportunity.
General support for admin at CAB
Required as food pallets arrive - possibly fortnightly.
Types of Help needed
1. Making up Flat Pack boxes and taping each one securely
2. Adding the advice leaflets to each box
3. Moving all the Food from the Lorry drop off to the Golf Club Bar Area (using trollies when needed)
4. Sorting out the different food types
5. Placing the different food on the right tables ready for adding to the boxes
6. Moving along the “line” taking food off the tables and adding the correct amount to each box
7. Storing the filled boxes ready for collection
8. Help to move and record the filled boxes to the Community Transport