Volunteers will the delivery of the Walking Development programme. The programme is open to all, in particular, people who take little or no exercise and is developed in stages from totally sedentary to physically fit.
The volunteer can improve their employability through this work experience. Help improve their skills, confidence, and self esteem. The volunteers will have access to free training and will get help to progress to paid bank registry work. This will also help volunteers improve their health and wellbeing.
• Ensure all heath and safety guidelines are adhered to
• The ability to motivate and interact with groups and individuals of all ages is essential.
• Monitor attendance figures and report to Walking Development Officer.
• Collect and distribute pedometer cards and relevant paperwork, and return to Walking Development Officer within agreed timescale.
• Represent Walking Development at health information events, walking festivals and other health improvement sessions.
• Attend monthly walk leader meetings
• Attend annual 1.2.1 sessions with the Walking Development Officer
• Assist Walking Development Officer in sourcing new routes.
• Accompany Walking Development Officer in risk assessing routes where necessary.
• Any other duties relevant to the post.
Annual awards ceremony for volunteers.
A volunteer will be a befriender to an older person within the community in East Ayrshire, building up a relationship over time to make a positive difference to an older person’s life. Volunteers will provide support and encouragement to an older person to participate in local activities. In general, a good foundation to befriending is:
Build a good relationship; establish and maintain appropriate boundaries within the befriending relationship; support befriender to become involved in community and leisure activities; to be accepting, understanding and non-judgemental; to help the befriendee feel secure and relaxed; to acknowledge positive skills and qualities that the befriendee may have; to attend meetings and training sessions as required.