Are you passionate about positive mental health?
Do you believe in the strength of community?
Do you have a few hours to spare every 6-8 weeks (minimum commitment)?
We are seeking new members to support Changes strategic development.
We are particularly keen to hear from people who have accessed support for their mental health (with Changes or elsewhere).
Changes is an inclusive organisation - we celebrate and welcome diversity.
Email email@example.com, sharing a short paragraph about yourself or call 0131 653 3977.
- A walk buddy volunteer is someone who supports a client on 10 walks in a mutually agreed location.
- Walk length is up to an hour and matches with clients will be made with a location that suits the volunteer.
- Changes training and Paths for All Walk Leader training is given to all volunteers.
- Flexibility on the day and time that would suit you, between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
At Changes, we are establishing a new befriending project ‘Well-Connected’ targeted toward individuals 18+ within East Lothian. We are looking to recruit passionate and confident volunteers to take part in this immensely rewarding befriending role.
You will work on a one-to-one basis with a matched befriendee who may be struggling with loneliness, isolation, and lack of social connections. You would have continuous support from your supervisor, fellow peers and get to relax yourself during social events. If you’re looking to help in your community and can spare an hour a week, please get in touch.
A befriending visit will usually look as follows:
• Last one hour per week,
• At a pre-planned location/venue
• Pre-arranged video call
• Pre-arranged telephone call
• Mutually agreed time scale
You and your matched befriendee will have the time to have a friendly and compassionate chat while engaging in the community, with the hopes of relieving the befriendee’s feelings of isolation and loneliness.
During your time together you will:
• Build a strong rapport and relationship
• Implement positive change
• Create a trusting and supportive connection
• Engage in like-minded interests and hobbies
• Have fun!