Teviot & Liddesdale Community Fund Pot B Assessment Panel provides an exciting new opportunity to join a small community led team responsible for assessing SBC’s Community Fund applications and making funding recommendations to Teviot & Liddesdale Area Partnership for approval.
Role Description :
We are looking to form a mixed group of committed and energetic people to join a new panel that will consist of experienced and non-experienced grant assessors. The core role of panel members is to:
• Scrutinise funding applications submitted to the Teviot & Liddesdale Community Fund Pot B using the assessment matrix provided.
• Bring any skills, experience, specialist knowledge, and expertise they may add to the scrutiny work of the Panel.
• Attend and constructively participate in all assessment meetings of the Panel
• Attend additional meetings e.g. working groups or evidence gathering sessions as required.
• Prepare for each meeting by reading the agenda, papers and additional information to familiarise yourself with the issues to be covered during the meeting.
Please note that we are looking to form a mixed group of experience and, non-experienced people in grant making decisions who:
• Have a genuine interest in the voluntary sector, as well as an interest in the positive development of communities across Teviot & Liddesdale.
• Can communicate effectively and have good interpersonal skills.
• Can be an independent voice alongside Community Councillors, SBC Officials, Elected Councillors and other members of the panel, to provide constructive feedback.
• Have the willingness to work as part of a team and ability to listen to the views of all other panel members.
Working alongside eight Community Council ward representatives, this is an important and challenging role, offering a chance to contribute the Teviot & Liddesdale Area Partnership by examining grant applications to ensure consistency of assessment against approved processes and criteria, value for money and the potential to achieve positive outcomes for the benefit of the community. The Panel aims to contribute to the open, accountable and transparent decision making in relation to Teviot & Liddesdale Community Fund Pot B. Eight spaces on the panel have been allocated to Community Council ward areas and recruitment for up to five additional panel members is now open.
Closing date for applications: 06/10/2021
Online application form: https://scotborders.citizenspace.com/customer-communities/tlap-recruitment