Coldstream Community Trust is seeking additional Trustees to strengthen and diversify the skills of the Board. A unique opportunity to be an influential part of the heart of Coldstream and help develop a thriving community.
Our Trustees provide good governance ensuring that our charity is properly run. The main responsibilities are to:
1. Work with the Board to set and maintain our vision, mission, and values
2. Develop long term strategy and ensure the charity stays on track
3. Establish and monitor policies
4. Ensuring the compliance of the charity’s objectives and activities are achieved
5. Accountability is fulfilled to the bodies required by law, the beneficiaries, and stakeholders of the charity
6. Checking that all the charity’s activities are legal and ethical
7. Maintain proper fiscal oversight by managing the charity’s resources and funding objectives
8. Respect the role of staff/volunteers and safeguard the interest of the charity
9. Promote the charity and protect the reputation, leading by example and being good ambassadors by
demonstrating behaviours identify by the values, mission, and objectives of the charity
People skills and ability to lead and influence others in an inclusive and coaching manner to meet the needs of the mission and agreed objectives. A good understanding of at least one of the following areas:
Human Resource management
ICT, database, web design
Marketing - social media, public relations
Fundraising and financial management
Legal and governance
Organisational, time management and communication skills.
High ethical standards, integrity, responsive and accountable.
Experience of the local community is essential, along with the ability to connect and promote the work of the charity.