Our clients are pretty wonderful and incredibly special to us. Each has their own unique personality and reasons for attending our centre. Your role itself will be about supporting our clients achieve their outcomes. You will need to be a good communicator, (especially listening), and patient with it on some occasions. You will need a positive outlook, good at working in a team, innovate in your thinking, fun loving and care about the happiness of our clients.
Activities based in the Fiveways centre include, music and dancing, dominoes, bingo, cards, gardening, hangman, play your cards right, painting and craftwork, baking, needlework, knitting, boccia, reminiscing, digital storytelling. Out with the centre we visit V&A, the DCA, Verdant works, McManus Galleries, garden centres, local parks, days out to coastal towns or even to a local bistro/pub for a bite to eat. At Christmas there is the Christmas parties and the obligatory pantomime.
• You will be a decision maker on the best strategy for the ongoing success of the organisation.
• Be responsible for policies, objectives and functions of the organisation.
• Be available to attend 8-10 Board meetings per year
• Have knowledge of health and social care, commerce, governance or IT skills.
• Be local to the Tayside area.
• Share our vision to make a difference for the older people of Dundee.