Charity registered in Scotland
• Complying with the Volunteer Commitment
• Implementing new and innovative fundraising opportunities using a catalogue of new fundraising toolkits
• Establishing contacts and generate networking opportunities within the community
• Assisting with events and third party enquiries
This role will help us save lives at sea by raising income and support from the local community.
• Attending branch meetings and liaising with other branch members
• Suggesting and promoting ideas to help raise funds for the RNLI
• Being an active supporter of different events and activities throughout the year
• Gaining an understanding of the work of the RNLI and being a positive ambassador and advocate for the RNLI
• Encouraging and welcoming a diverse group of new members/supporters into the RNLI who can also become involved with events.
Carrying out a charitable collection at the event • Adhering to collection rules for collecting in public places • Being an ambassador for the RNLI whilst collecting
Planning the organisation of flag days and other collections, and applying for any relevant licenses
• Recruiting and maintaining a network of collectors and ensuring that all collectors are properly thanked and informed of the amounts they have collected
• Liaising with the branch treasurer to ensure income from collections is correctly recorded and banked
• Encouraging and welcoming a diverse group of new members/supporters into the RNLI