Woodfarm Day Centre provides meetings on Thursdays for the elderly to give social contact, activities, a meal, and entertainment. Mini-buses bring members to Woodfarm Pavilion. Hours, normally from 10 am to 3 pm, are flexible for volunteers.
You will help members to move about, take part in games, chat and encourage participation in activities, as well as serving food to members.
If you can help, we would be delighted to hear from you.
To be able to talk to the attendees making them feel welcome and included. Also:
• To encourage, motivate and improve confidence of the attendees
• Help set up hall and clear up at the end
• Help with the washing of dishes
• Confident working with older people
• Knowledge of East Renfrewshire area would be an advantage
• Reasonable physical fitness to get on and off the bus regularly
• Adherence to health and safety regulations
• Good communication skills
• Patience, empathy and understanding
• Ability to work in a confidential manner