Age Concern Eastwood
Charity registered in Scotland
Promoting the interests of older persons in our community, proving lunch clubs with available transport, general advice and information supplied and wheelchair loans.
Woodfarm Day Centre provides meetings on Thursdays for the elderly to give social contact, activities, a meal, and entertainment. Mini-buses bring members to Woodfarm Pavilion. Hours, normally from 10 am to 3 pm, are flexible for volunteers.
You will help members to move about, take part in games, chat and encourage participation in activities, as well as serving food to members.
If you can help, we would be delighted to hear from you.
To be able to talk to the attendees making them feel welcome and included. Also:
• To encourage, motivate and improve confidence of the attendees
• Help set up hall and clear up at the end
• Help with the washing of dishes
• Confident working with older people
• Knowledge of East Renfrewshire area would be an advantage
• Reasonable physical fitness to get on and off the bus regularly
• Adherence to health and safety regulations
• Good communication skills
• Patience, empathy and understanding
• Ability to work in a confidential manner
As a volunteer Lunch Club Helper, you will welcome the people that come along and encourage them to feel as comfortable as possible while chatting and playing games. The role will also involve helping our friendly team of volunteers set up our halls, serving lunch/meals and tidying up afterwards.
The role requires a PVG (Disclosure) check, which will be paid for by Age Concern.
Lunch clubs run from 10 am - 2.30 pm with some time for prep added on, therefore, if suitable, we are looking for volunteers to help out for 5½ hours.
In this role, you are making a difference in people's lives who may feel lonely or isolated; it's enjoyable and rewarding also. You will become part of a friendly team of volunteers who share the same passion for helping others.