The Oxfam shop Elgin is looking for friendly, helpful people to join their shop team -- and there's a number of ways you can help out -- from till operator, to their online shop, from working in a certain department such as books or music, (or something you may have a passion for) to admin, sorting donations and even visual merchandising. This is a great opportunity to volunteer in a vibrant, busy shop. You will be volunteering with the support of the Shop Manager and will be given relevant training as required. This is a great opportunity to build confidence, gain experience in a retail environment and make new friends.
The role involves
- Working with a volunteer team
- Being polite and friendly with good customer service skills
- Cash handling, till work, and merchandising ( if you want to volunteer on the tills)
- Packing and wrapping purchases
- Tidying the shop floor when not busy
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- Giving time to make a difference which helps Oxfam’s mission of achieving a just world without poverty
- Gain experience working for a non-profit charity organisation
No experience required and full training will be given.