Oxfam (Aberdeen & North East)
Charity registered in Scotland
Oxfam works with others to overcome poverty and suffering.
Volunteers are an integral part of Oxfam. We have fantastic people who volunteer in our shops, but we always need more.
The role of the volunteer recruiter is to promote volunteering and engage with the local community so that more people can volunteer.
The best form of recruitment is local, through word of mouth and building lasting relationships. The role can be based in the shops or from home. It will be very rewarding as you will be able to see the shop teams grow and develop due to your recruitment initiatives. The role is flexible and requires 4-8 hours per week commitment. In exchange we offer:
- Structured training and support throughout your time with us.
- Great experience in recruiting for a diverse range of roles, within a big recruitment team
- An opportunity to develop and improve your communication skills
- The satisfaction of helping to recruit a successful team to help achieve Oxfam’s aims
- Local travel and lunch expenses paid
- Working towards Oxfam’s goal of overcoming poverty and suffering
A fantastic opportunity to help and make a real difference. For more details please contact:
Volunteer Recruiter Coordinator
E Mail: email@example.com
Tel No: 07583 562 834
A range of interesting task to get involved in, help Oxfam in its vital work and gain good experience. Roles & Tasks can incude:
* Sales Assistant inc: sorting out, pricing of donated goods & till operation and customer care.
* Books Assistant - sorting out, pricing of donated goods & till operation and customer care.
* Bric a Brac Assistant - sorting out, pricing of donated goods & till operation and customer care.
For further details please pop in to one of our shops or contact:
13 Rosemount Viaduct - 640335 (Janice Davidson - Manager)
5 Back Wynd - 642490 (bookshop)(Marion Craigie - Manager)
Chapel Street - 637662( Pamela Reid - Manager) or 645275
Opening Hours - Mon-Sat 10am-5pm and on Thursdays open until 7pm.
Oxfam is looking for people to join the friendly volunteer team in Chapel Street, Aberdeen. If you enjoy working in retail and delivering excellent customer service then come along and be part of the Oxfam family. You will have significant impact on shop sales as well as the self-satisfaction of helping overcome poverty and suffering worldwide.
We are looking for a number of motivated volunteer Sales Assistants to contribute to the day to day running of the Oxfam shop. Key roles and responsibilities may include the sorting and pricing a variety of donations, till operation and customer care.
Oxfam aims to overcome poverty and suffering worldwide. The money raised in the shops funds projects for emergency provision and development programmes along with other key area such as climate change, food crises, conflict, natural disasters, health improvement, gender equality, poverty reduction and education.
Members of the volunteer teams will have interaction with the local community, have the chance to make new friends and be part of a team, all while helping those less fortunate than ourselves. The position can also provide work experience and a reference for those in between jobs or looking for a change to the retailing environment.
For further details please contact:
tel.: 01224 637662 /e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or pop in to the shop