Our Cats Protection shops play a key part in raising the funds needed to help thousands of cats and kittens each year. Our shop assistant volunteers help with all aspects of the day to day running of one of our fantastic shops. They serve customers, help with stock rotation, create displays - and everything in between! They are part of a passionate retail team that make sure our shops are enjoyable places for customers to visit, leading to repeat custom and vital funds being raised to help our feline friends in need.
What can you expect to be doing?
• Serving customers
• Arranging and replenishing stock
• Helping make changes to the shop layout, pricing and stock rotation
• Sharing your passion for cat welfare
• Promoting the work of the Cats Protection
This role is open to anyone over the age of 14.
Cats Protection is the UK's leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs. Cats are the centre of everything we do and our objectives are homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care. We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, employees and supporters.
A BIT ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our volunteer drivers provide vital assistance to our branch by transporting equipment, litter, food and even CATS!!.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT TO DO?
- Arranging and transporting, equipment, litter and cat food.
- Transporting cats to and from the vets. Collecting them from their homes.
- Helping our shop transport good to and from storage.
- Collecting donations for our shop.
- You will be joining a great group of volunteers, including two other volunteer drivers, based at the Arbroath & Central Angus Branch shelter in Arbroath.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- A current driver's licence
- Good organisation an time management skills.
- Knowledge of the local community
- Someone happy to drive one of our Cats Protection vans.
- The ability to carry and the occasional heavy lifting.
- The role may suit a fit retiree for example.
Our volunteer drivers can accept or decline requests for their assistance to fit in with their own commitments.
We hope they can offer us a minimum of two - four hours a week in this role. This is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
SUPPORT, GUIDANCE and KEEPING YOU SAFE.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. We offer engaging online and face-to-face training, expenses and have policies and processes to help volunteers get the most out of their time with us.