Are interested in becoming a volunteer driver? Do you enjoy driving and helping people?
If you have your own vehicle and able to offer regular commitment, we have opportunities available in Angus and Dundee.
We are looking for volunteer drivers to help us transport:
- adults to day care
- children to school
- people to their GP or hospital appointment
- people with learning disabilities to college.
We pay your mileage expenses and provide appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE). If you are interested please get in touch with Voluntary Services on 01307 492448 or VolunteerServices@angus.gov.uk.
If you enjoy chatting and spending time with poeple then you might be the volunteer we are looking for!
We are looking for people to help with various activities from visiting, hairdressing, hand care, arts & crafts, music or just generally helping out. The time commitment is flexible, usually 2-3 hours per week with a minimum period of 6 months commitment and this is a great opportunity to make a difference in your community.
Main tasks include:
* To support allocated service users with one to one or as a group through engagement in a range of activities.
* To encourage and support the service user/s to engage in activities, walks and socialisation.
* To listen and talk with service user/s.
* To read books/ newsletters/ newspapers/ letters.
* Assist with teas/coffees and to support service users with menu choices.
* To provide companionship to service user/s who have few or no visitors.
* Provide support and assistance to help service users achieve goals.
* Develop and promote a positive relationship.
* Establish and maintain appropriate boundaries.
* Help service user/s to build confidence and self-esteem.
All of the above may include group work or individual one to one sessions held in communal lounge, activity areas, or in service users own room as directed by the staff on shift.
|f you would like to find out more, get in touch.