Forthbank Recycling Centre, Alloa (Donation Station)
Recycling Sorters play a pivotal role in saving valuable items from landfill. Alloa Community Enterprise (ACE) is currently looking for volunteers to identify and sort salvageable items at our Donation Station based at the local recycling centre in Forthbank, Alloa.
The role involves identifying and sorting, recyclable materials which can be sold or recycled as is at our local retail outlet at the Hub, the Whins, Alloa.
· Identify and remove non-recyclable materials.
· Sort recyclable materials into the storage area.
· Ensure compliance with safety procedures and regulations.
· Keep work area clean and organised.
· Communicate with team members to optimise efficiency.
· Report any issues to supervisor.
· Physical stamina and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Attention to detail and the ability to identify different types of recyclable materials.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team and follow instructions from supervisors.
· Willingness to work in various weather conditions.
· Basic math skills for calculating weights and measurements.
· Good communication skills to enable interaction with members of the public.
· Familiarity with safety procedures and equipment for handling hazardous materials.
· Willingness to work flexible hours as needed.
THIS ROLE WILL SUIT SOMEONE WHO
· Is friendly, reliable and hardworking and can communicate effectively with staff, volunteers and members of the public and engage with people of all ages, races, cultures and abilities.
· Is reliable, confident, and a responsible individual, with enthusiasm.
· Can cope with duties and responsibilities of the role.
· Has a patient and approachable manner.
· Can follow instructions and guidelines.
· Is interested in reuse and saving valuable items from landfill.
All volunteers will be expected to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which will be provided. An Induction and training for this role will be carried out by Clackmannanshire Council.