Forth Valley Disability Sport: Fundraising Committee Member
Recruiting body: Forth Valley Disability Sport
Closing date: Friday 18 June 2021
Forth Valley Disability Sport (FVDS) is a voluntary sport group where the main aim is to lead in the development of sport for people with physical, sensory or learning disabilities in partnership with key local agencies and local authority areas in Forth Valley. FVDS is a member branch of Scottish Disability Sport (SDS) who are the governing body of sport for athletes and players with a physical, sensory or learning disability. FVDS have achieved SDS Minimum Operating Requirements (MOR) which ensures all governance is up to date and appropriate. The committee of FVDS now wishes to appoint new committee members to join the branch.
Role Title – Fundraising Committee Member (voluntary)
Organisation – Forth Valley Disability Sport (FVDS)
Responsible to – Forth Valley Disability Sport committee
Location – Forth Valley
An exciting opportunity has risen for a passionate and enthusiastic individual who is interested in helping achieve the vision and aims of FVDS by specifically supporting the organisation in the field of fundraising.
The Fundraising Committee Member will support the FVDS Co-ordinator to help shape the financial future of FVDS by sourcing income through funding applications, grants, commercial support, donations and benefactors. In return, FVDS offers the opportunity to meet new people, gain new skills, volunteer within a sports context, learn about the inspiring world of disability sport.
Contract – This is a voluntary position, but all reasonable expenses will be paid. Committee members will be expected to attend branch meetings (held 6 times per year), plus fundraising sub group meetings as and when required, support the branch to maintain SDS Minimum Operating Requirements and support the chairperson in driving the branch forward. The level of time commitment is flexible and will be tailored to suit the applicant’s current commitments and the needs of the branch.
Term – 2 years
• Experience in writing successful funding applications/grants and sourcing income
• Experience in Communications and using social media for promotion
• Enthusiastic and motivated
• Prepared to make a regular time commitment
• Prepared to make decisions when necessary
• Passionate about disability sport
1. Responsibility for attending committee management meetings and reporting back to appropriate members with matters arising from meeting (if required).
2. To support the FVDS Co-ordinator to source income through funding applications, grants, commercial support, donations and benefactors.
3. To promote FVDS through various communication channels including FVDS Social Media Channels
4. When unable to attend meetings, send apologies along with a short report to the Secretary for the minutes.
5. Complete trustee’s declaration.
6. Be completely familiar with FVDS constitution, clubs/organisation committee procedures and the FVDS rules and regulations.
7. Vote on FVDS matters when asked to and attend EGM and AGM meetings.
8. To support FVDS to ensure SDS Minimum Operating Standards are kept up to date and complete.
9. To be part of sub groups of the committee when required (ie funding and events calendar subgroups).
10. Support the chairperson in the work of FVDS.
Date to be confirmed after the closing date.
All applicants should send a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of Friday 18th June 2021 detailing why you are interested in the role and any relevant skills and experience. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact Graham Harvey on the above email address.