Braid Health and Wellbeing
Charity registered in Scotland
Vision: To provide the best health and wellbeing support throughout the ageing process.
Mission: To provide a digital and physical space to everyone in need of support as they transition through life’s stages”
Bus attendant for Braid House Day Centre supporting elderly individuals. Braid House are seeking a volunteer bus attendant to help us look after our clients as they travel to and from the day centre in Livingston. Ideally this will be someone with a background in care or similar. If you would like to help and you are available Monday to Friday between 8.45am to 11.00am and 2.30pm to 5.00pm, get in touch. If you are only available one or two days per week that's fine too. Email email@example.com or phone 01506 430615.
Care Assistant Volunteer for Braid House Day Centre supporting elderly individuals.
The purpose of post is to assist in the provision of care for clients with specialist requirement around organic emotional and physical needs and supporting them to maintain and improve the quality of life for the individual, their carers and families through personalised and targeted interventions.
• Assist clients with mobility needs.
• Supporting and encouraging clients with activities
• Contribute at care staff meeting.
• To report significant observations/ events, relating to clients and service delivery
• Being aware and responsive to the needs of clients with a wide range of dementia and
• other/ organic and functioning conditions including their wellbeing
Kitchen Assistant Volunteer for Braid House Day Centre supporting elderly individuals.
Volunteers will assist in the running of our kitchen to prepare meals and morning and
afternoon teas for the clients attending the centre. Also, to assist with cleaning duties.
They will require:
• A sensitive and calm approach
• Good communication skills
• Ability to be flexible.
• Complying with health & safety, health & hygiene procedures
Volunteer Kitchen Assistants are preferred from 8.45 – 3.30pm but we are flexible with
- To assist with dishwashing and other cleaning duties
- To stock trolley ready for client’s tea in morning and afternoon
- General kitchen duties
Helping to promote a local charity by handing out leaflets to entice new clients that would like to be supported by our organisation.
We are looking for volunteers who are willing to hand out leaflets promoting our service in their local areas. These will be used to hopefully entice new clients to attend some of our new services whether it is for socialising or to get support. These leaflets will preferably be distributed in supermarkets, libraries, community centres or shops. However then can also be put in any other places you feel like they would be appreciated.