Our Language Cafes are friendly and informal weekly sessions where we invite everyone to chat in English and learn from each other about living in the UK. So far we have had over 25 different nationalities, aged be-tween 20 to 70+, with a variety of professions and educational levels. Every person attending our sessions is invited to enjoy an informal and welcoming environment that promotes tolerance and integration. Cafetistas come to learn about Aberdeen, meet people who share their circumstances and meet volunteers who would encourage them to improve their English and learn more about the UK.
Every week we speak about a different topic or run an activity to encourage cafetistas to improve their language and personal skills and integrate into their community, whether in Aberdeen or Aberdeenshire.
*What are the benefits of being our volunteer at the Language Cafes:
*You will learn about different cultures and use your personal and life skills to interact and help people who are settling in an unfamiliar environment.
* You will exercise your existing capabilities and knowledge on varied topics whilst learning about new subjects and cultures.
*You will learn about creative ways in which you can engage, encourage and motivate people.
* You will have a positive and long lasting impact on cafetistas as well as in your community by supporting an environment of tolerance, respect and open interaction.
*You will learn and practise your leading and problem solving skills as well as your creativity and adaptability.
*We would like to invite volunteers who can:
*Attend at least two language cafes every month over an extended period of time. This helps to support consistency and creates a solid relationship with our cafetistas and with GREC.
* Research and share information with our cafetistas.
* Act as moderators and lead activities with other volunteers and cafetistas during our sessions.
* Create a welcoming environment by tolerating and respecting every-one attending our Language Cafes.
* Ensure that everyone is given an opportunity to communicate and share their opinions during the sessions.
We acknowledge our volunteers as the true foundation of the Language Cafes. A fantastic opportunity to help – with all help greatly appreciated. For more information please get in touch with Adriana via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel.: 01224 595505.