A Home-Start Kincardine volunteer offers regular support, friendship and practical help to families with young children who are experiencing Difficulties, in their own homes, helping to prevent family crisis or breakdown. This work requires a high level of commitment and reliability and will be supported by a Home-Start Coordinator. All our volunteers are parents, or have parenting experience.
Home-Start volunteers work towards increasing the confidence & independence of a family by:
1. Offering support, friendship and practical help.
2. Visiting families in their own homes, community locations or virtually.
3. Reassuring families that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual.
4. Emphasising the pleasure of family life.
5. Developing a relationship with the family.
6. Encouraging parents’ strengths and emotional well being for the ultimate benefit of their own children.
7. Encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to use the support and services available in their community.
8. To retain and respect the family’s dignity and identity.
All Home-Start Kincardine volunteers must be able to:
1. Undergo a criminal record check.
2. Attend an initial training course.
3. Attend regular supervision, support and additional training days.