Headway South Lanarkshire
Headway exists to promote understanding of all aspects of brain injury and to provide information, support and services to people with a brain injury, their family and friends. A weekly group is held with various activities taking place from support groups to fun days out.
Members receive help and support in coping with life, find out what local services are available and share in the emotional rollercoaster that goes with brain injury.
Build your experience and share your skills as a Chair Person for Headway South Lanarkshire. This role is vital to help us run the work that we do to support and provide information for people with brain injury, their families and carers.
Duties: The role is varied and may include the following:
Planning the annual cycle of board meetings and set the agendas; chairing and facilitating the board meetings; giving directions to board policy making; monitoring that decisions taken at board meetings are implemented; representing the organisation at appropriate events, meetings or functions; acting as a spokesperson for the organisation where appropriate; attend monthly board meetings, participate in other tasks as they arise from time to time, such as interviewing new staff, helping with fundraising; keep informed about the activities of the organisation and wider issues which affect its work.
The meetings will be held online and then face to face when appropriate.
We will provide training so you can learn new skills and you will be able to attend regional meetings for peer support and a friendly social aspect.
Meetings will be held online and face to face when appropriate. Training , learning new skills, attending regional meetings, the knowledge that you have helped to improve someone's life.
Build your experience and share your skills as a Treasurer for Headway South Lanarkshire. This role is vital to help us run the work that we do to support and provide information for people with brain injury, their families and carers.
In this role, you'll help guide and advise us on financial matters and to help oversee the financial work of Headway South Lanarkshire. You'll be involved in anything from overseeing, approving and presenting budgets, accounts and financial statements, to informing and advising the board of their financial duties.
As a Treasurer, you'll be central to what we do. In this role, you'll also be involved in:
- Preparing and presenting financial reports.
- Ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures and controls are in place
- Advising on the financial implications of our strategic plans
- Monitoring our investment activity and ensuring its consistency with our policies and legal responsibilities
- Ensuring our compliance with legislation
We ask that volunteers can attend our month main Committee meeting and on occasion take part in any sub committee meetings as well as presenting at our AGM.
The monthly meetings are arranged at a time to suit the board members, so they're flexible to suit your availability! Committee meetings take place online and some may be face to face when appropriate.
Build your experience and share your skills as a Secretary for Headway South Lanarkshire. This role is vital to help us run the work that we do to support and provide information for people with brain injury, their families and carers.
The secretary plays a vital role in assisting the committee organise the smooth running of the support group.
Duties: Preparing for meetings
• Sending notices of all meetings to members within the time required by the governing document
• Making arrangements for meetings – booking rooms, arranging refreshments, ensuring access for all attending
• Preparing the agenda in consultation with the Chair and distributing the agenda with any background papers
• Checking that members have carried out tasks agreed at the previous meeting.
. Participating in meetings
• Ensuring that the minutes of the previous meeting are accurate, agreed and signed and dated on each page by the Chair
• Taking and producing minutes of the meeting, noting the names of those attending and apologies, major decisions, any votes taken and agreed further actions
• Distributing minutes in a timely manner.
Headway South Lanarkshire provide information and support to individuals surviving with acquired brain injuries (ABIs), their carers and families.
Contribute to the maintenance of a professional and welcoming environment of Headway South Lanarkshire.
Liaise with providers who can assist Headway South Lanarkshire in recruiting members who will benefit from their Services and to raise awareness of the charity.
Build relationships with potential providers/businesses to include hospitals, GP surgeries, physiotherapists, and local authorities.
To comply with policies and procedures