Your role as a Clan listening and Support volunteer is essential in helping to provide our vital Listening and Support service to people affected by cancer diagnosis in your local community. The listening and support service offers a welcoming, relaxed, safe and confidential environment for people to talk about the cancer experience with someone who can listen and provide emotional and wellbeing support either face to face or by telephone.
Typical activities include:
- Meeting and greeting clients attending our local wellbeing centres
- Providing emotional, practical and wellbeing support and information to new and existing clients using the Clan client pathway either face to face or by telephone
-Working together with Clan staff to ensure the best possible support and service for clients and signposting where appropriate
- Recording client session notes and debriefing with Clan staff
- Receiving donations and providing support where appropriate
- Helping to raise awareness of Clan services by attending and supporting internal and external events
- Activities may vary depending on the location of the wellbeing centre
Your role as a Clan events volunteer is essential in helping to generate the funds needed for us to provide our vital support services to people affected by cancer diagnosis in your local community. You could be asked to get involved in a variety of activities, whether it's manning a cheering point on one of our runs, walks or cycles, helping to welcome guests at our annual lunch or ball, or providing information at one of our open days, Typical activities include:
- Helping to prepare for an event - this might involve preparing information and signage, setting up routes for runs/walks/cycles, sorting displays and activities, moving chairs and tables, putting up gazebos etc.
- Providing a warm and friendly welcome to all attendees of Clan events, answering any questions and encouraging people to get involved in the event/activity
-Assisting at larger scale events such as the Clan Ball or Clan Lunch - this might involve manning the car park, directing attendees to the right location, providing information, running stalls, assisting with activities, salling tickets or accept donations
- Working together with Clan staff to ensure the best possible experience for our events attendees/participants and signposting where appropriate
- Helping to raise awareness of Clan services