Charity registered in Scotland
To provide an independant advocacy service to all users of health and social care services in Shetland, especially "Care in the Community" clients and people with mental health, housing and homelessness issues.
We are looking for people who have:
· Good communication skills, especially the ability to listen
· A responsible outlook and a calm, reasoned approach
· Ability to handle challenging situations
· Assertiveness, tenacity, and good negotiating skills
· An understanding of and commitment to people with disabilities
· A non-judgemental and loyal approach to our service users
· Agreement with the Policies and Procedures of Advocacy Shetland
We currently have a few vacancies for volunteers to join our Board of Directors and to contribute to the operation/development of the organisation. You do not need any particular qualifications other than a responsible outlook, a willingness to work as a member of our team and a commitment to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to be heard in relation to the services that are provided for them.
Advocacy Shetland require and Administration Assistant to help with day to day administration. Good computer skills and experience in producing Marketing material, leaflets are essential. Ability to communicate with people of various ages and abilities and an ability to demonstrate a responsible outlook and a calm, reasoned approach.