Charity registered in Scotland
- To provide support and therapeutic work placements to those recovering from a mental health illness.
- To provide training opportunities and work placements to enable local unemployed or disadvantaged people to re-enter the labour market and regain self-worth in the process.
- To bring together people who wouldn't usually meet to do things they wouldn't usually do.
- To relieve poverty and distress.
Castle Furniture Befriending are keen to recruit volunteers to support activity within their Elderly Befriending Drop in lounge. The lounge is open every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday 12-3pm. This is a great place for elderly people in Cupar and nearby areas to meet up in a warm space to socialise, play games and share stories. Tea’s, Coffees and biscuits are provided free of charge. Castle Furniture Befriending are looking for wonderful volunteers to help oversee the day to day running of the lounge and provide social support to those who attend as well as assist on any yearly outings.
The role is to provide a social connection for elderly people in North East Fife who face struggles with feelings of loneliness and isolation and help to build confidence. Volunteers and members are matched based on their hobbies, interests and preferences. Volunteers will visit the member in their home at a time suitable for both, the visit is for company only and the volunteer is not home help or a qualified care assistant. The volunteer and member might decide to go out for lunch or a coffee or provide support in the client’s home. Loneliness is hugely detrimental to an individual's mental and physical health and by providing a social contact each week you can contribute towards preventing this.
Warehouse operatives ensure the cleanliness, tidiness and safety of all work that takes place within the warehouse. Typical tasks may include:
- loading and unloading the vehicles
- inspecting stock for damage and faults
- general maintenance of the space
- communicating errors to relevant parties
- control the space management
- ensure all stock is labelled
- unload and unwrap incoming stock on pallets
- build and dismantle furniture.
The customer service element of this role involves; assisting customers with queries, assisting customers to their cars with furniture and promoting Castles membership where customers can get a discount.
Castle Furniture deal with both new and reuse appliances. The reuse appliances, which are bought in are fully serviced by an in-house engineer. Before this servicing happens, appliances are fully cleaned by the Appliance Cleaners. All Domestic Appliance Cleaners are trained in Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).