Working in our busy furniture warehouse, you will assist customers and donors with the sale or donation of furniture. Duties include: cash handling and till operation; dealing with telephone calls; arranging collections and deliveries; assisting social clients; display furniture.
Some heavy lifting will be required, but is not essential.
- assist in the delivery of purchased and/or social provision furniture to people's homes as directed.
- assist in the collection of donated items of furniture from people's homes as directed.
- assist in the correct placement and display of donated furniture within the Furniture Project.
- work as part of a team of 2 or 3 people to ensure that overall aims and objectives are achieved.
- undertake general cleaning duties within the Furniture Project as directed.
- maintain awareness and observation of Fire and Health and Safety Regulations at all times.
- undertake training as deemed necessary.
- undertake any other duties that may be required from time to time.