Citizens Rights Project is focused on providing information about the EU Settlement Scheme, which involves application process for the settled or pre-settled status for EU/EEA/Swiss nationals, and their family members, living in the UK.
We are looking for community leaders, caseworkers or local organisers with experience in social work or similar (i.e. citizens rights, community development, cultural integration and diversity, migrant issues, vulnerable individuals and communities, etc.) who would like to volunteer with us.
Your role will be to provide information and advice about the EU Settlement Scheme, and assist eligible Eu/EEA/Swiss community members with the application process.
As our volunteer you will:
- learn about the EU Settlement Scheme
- receive free training and OISC Level 1 (limited to EUSS) accreditation
- acquire experience providing 1-2-1 advice under supervision of an experienced immigration adviser
- provide language and technological support in making applications to the EU Settlement Scheme
- work closely with vulnerable EU/EEA/Swiss community members with complex needs and assist them in the
process of securing their legal rights in the UK
- join the network of organisations who support European communities in the UK
We offer volunteer placements to willing and eligible candidates who can dedicate a few hours a week of their time.
The placements are open to anyone with right to reside in the UK, and is not limited to UK and other EU nationals. However, speakers of other European language as well as English are especially welcome to join the programme. We especially look for candidates from Scottish Borders, Ayrshire, Dumfries and Galloway, Western Islands, Orkney, Shetland and Highlands.
For more information visit www.citizensrightsproject.org
Find us on Facebook EURightsProject and Twitter CitzRights.