Glasgow Children's Hospital Charity (SL)
Charity registered in Scotland SC007856
Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity raises funds to support young patients, their families and the NHS heroes who care for them at Scotland’s largest children’s hospital. Money raised through donations, fundraising and volunteering helps to fund our life-changing projects and support services including our hospital Play Programme, Family Support and Bereavement Services, Medical Equipment, Paediatric Research and support for NHS staff.
Can you spare a few hours to help us raise vital funds for the 200,000 babies, children and young people treated at the Royal Hospital for Children, Glasgow every year? We have a busy calendar of fundraising events throughout the year. There is no minimum time requirement, it’s fun and incredibly rewarding. There are a range of opportunities to fit around your commitments – daytime, evenings and weekends. Activities include bucket collections, pop up shops at local events, information stalls, gift wrapping, raising awareness of GCHC and much more.
Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity is excited to be opening our first ever charity shop and need your help! Our shop will sell a range of baby clothes and products, and will also feature our Wee Activity Zone - a space for special events, soft play and arts & crafts. You’ll help to ensure everything runs smoothly from the retail side of things and that every customer is welcomed and has a positive experience visiting us. Your key duties will be:
- providing excellent customer service.
- processing cash and credit card sales and donations.
- ensuring the shop is clean, tidy, well organised and fully stocked
- displaying stock to look its best
- providing visitors with information on GCHC fundraising and events
Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity is excited to be opening our first ever charity shop and need your help! Our shop will sell a range of baby clothes and products, and will also feature our Wee Activity Zone - a space for special events, soft play and arts & crafts. We need volunteers to receive goods donated by the public then clean and sort the items. You’ll use your judgement about what to sell in the retail unit and ensure everything is prepared to a high standard for selling on.
- Customer service: meeting with and accepting goods donations from the public in a friendly and welcoming manner.
- Donation processing: taking customers’ details to ensure we can thank them and also process any possible Gift Aid donations.
- Gift Aid: tagging and labelling items that are eligible for the Gift Aid scheme.
- Stock preparation: cleaning or steaming items to a high standard to ensure they are appropriate to sell.
- House-keeping: ensuring the storage unit is kept clean, tidy and well organised.
- Stock rotation: liaising with GCHC staff to ensure the stock is ready and appropriate to be taken to the retail unit.