OJA’s aims are to create and promote links between Orkney and Japan, and to do this, we work with many different parts of the Orkney community, engaging in a wide range of activities including educational, cultural and sporting activities. We place particular emphasis on working with young people, and look to create opportunities for them, both through schools and through public events. This is an opportunity to join the board, to work with talented and dedicated folk both from Orkney and from Japan, to learn new things, and to have fun while doing so.
As Secretary you will organise Council/board meetings, including the AGM, setting the agenda together with the Chair, and any prep and follow-ups to the meetings. This is a key position within a vibrant and growing organisation, and can be adapted to the interests and skills of the incoming Secretary.
• Plan Council meetings with the Chair and agree an agenda with all Council members
• Circulate details of meetings (time, location, agenda etc.) to Council members
• Attend all Council meetings and AGM
• Take minutes and circulate to meeting attendees
• Follow-up with relevant parties on key actions arising from meetings
• Ensure meetings adhere to procedures of the OJA Constitution (e.g. quorums and election procedures)
OJA has a growing network in Orkney, the UK and Japan and this is a great opportunity to meet new people and get involved with other partner organisations across the world.