This role involves collecting shopping, medication or other essential supplies for others in our community who will benefit from this help and support.
This role provides short term telephone support to individuals in our communities who are at risk of loneliness, and will benefit from this service.
Providing practical and emotional support to help clients recovering from ill health or facing isolation gain independence and re-engage in their community.
Provide tailored support and encouragement to individual clients to support recovery, reduce isolation, improve health and wellbeing and reduce likelihood of hospital admission.
This varies by individual and can include:
- phone-calls, visits, accompanied walks/visits/shopping including driving or public transport
- mobility practice, seated exercise, practicing domestic tasks in any hospital reablement plan
- encourage healthy eating and hydration
- offer practical support e.g. prescription collection, dog walking, household paperwork, IT support
- guide clients to other sources of support and activities